For some people hearing the words chemical peel seems scary…But rest assured: “We Have Come a Long Way Baby”. Peels can be much less aggressive and still effect profound skin benefits addressing concerns that can dial back many skin issues.
Welcome Chemical peels to your Anti-aging Regime! They are effective for reducing the signs of aging from your skin. This safe and successful treatment can leave you with fewer lines and wrinkles, smoother, brighter skin, and a more even complexion; addressing concerns like acne, scarring, rosacea, while renewing dull complexions through healing exfoliation.
Chemical peels are often used on the face, neck, declotte, and hands.
Benefits of chemical peels:
– Improving skin texture for a smoother look and feel.
– Improved barrier function and moisture retention.
– Increased cellular renewal factor.
– Increased hydration
– Reducing and correcting sun damage.
– Reducing the depth of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Improved surface pigmentation.
– Reducing mild scarring.
– Improves skin conditions: acne, hyper-pigmentation, dry skin, etc.)
– Stimulating collagen and elastin production.
– Improve the effectiveness of skincare products.
Who is a good candidate for chemical peels:
Anyone who wants to up-level their skin and takes their skin seriously.
Who is not a good candidate for chemical peels:
– Pregnant or lactating women.
– Have an active herpes outbreak or an infectious disease.
– Have active pustular acne or rosacea.
– Have a tendency for keloid scarring or hyper-pigmentation.
– Have had recent injections ( wait 2 weeks) or recent surgeries ( need a Physicians release).
– Have had recent laser resurfacing, chemical peels, or mechanical exfoliation.
– Have taken Accutane within the last year.
– Have used Retin-A or other medications that thin skin or made skin photosensitive within the last month.
– Have open wounds.
– Have sunburn in the area to be peeled.
– Have diabetes, cancer, or other autoimmune disorder.
– Have recently waxed the area to be peeled.
– Have allergies to product ingredients: especially aspirin or other salicylates
How to Prepare for a chemical peel:
– Avoid exposure to sun or tanning beds.
– Stop all Retin-A or retinol products 7 days prior to a peel.
Are there different types of peels and do I pick it or does Skin Care with Dory suggest the peel?
“Truth Treatment System” Peels are a Unique Biogenic Formulation without the negatives that many associate with a peel treatment. Biogenic means that the ingredients are already in the body or the body actually recognizes it as it’s own. This translates to a quicker, more comfortable, and results oriented peel. These do NOT contain phenol, low-grade alcohols, or ingredients that can compromise the health of the skin.
Skin Care with Dory will customize an individualized approach to what your skin requires to get the best results for your personal concerns and peel expectations.
What to expect during a chemical peel:
The “Truth Treatment System“ protocol is designed to deeply cleanse, peel, and calm the skin in an entire treatment. One reason I choose to work with the TRUTH peels is the system has a thorough and therapeutic approach vs other peels currently in the marketplace.
Do peels hurt?
Most people experience minimal discomfort. You may experience some tingling and heat. Truth Treatment Systems is results-driven skin therapy with minimal downtime.
What to expect after a peel/When will I see results?
You may experience, some flaking, peeling, dryness, and redness for the first 2-3 days. Skin will be normalized within 5-7 days and most individuals are fully healed within 7-10 days. Skin Care with Dory will provide you with a post-care plan to following your treatment.
How many treatment peels are suggested?
At least 3 peels with a preference of 6 peels spaced 3-4 weeks apart, completed as a progressive series. This will deliver the best results for your facial complexion, neck, or declotte returning to its optimum in just a few months!
Can peels be added to other treatments?