I love traveling, exploring different countries and landscapes. Packing for a short or long journey can often be a bit challenging, especially when trying to minimize luggage weight and size. Besides your wardrobe selection, which can often be complicated when traveling to several locations, climates and time zones, I always ensure that I pack my much-beloved skincare products so I will stay refreshed and vibrant throughout my travels.
The excitement of meeting new people, exploring different cultures and cities is stimulating, and often, when not on my usual routine, my skincare can suffer if I don’t pay special attention to its needs. I want to be sure to look and feel my best. Traveling can be challenging on our complexion due to changes in humidity, polluters, dirt, and lack of precious sleep and changes in routine.
I have learned to hone my packing skills. Below are my best tips n’ tricks for jaunts, whether to Europe, weekend trips, or even roughing it in the wild.
Tip #1 – Climate
Consider the destination and weather. Will your adventure take you to hot, humid, cold, or dry locations. With this taken into consideration, plan your supplies accordingly. Minimally bring eye serum, lip and face moisturizer, and broad-spectrum SPF.
Tip # 2 – Small bottles
REI has a selection of small and inexpensive Nalgene bottles that will fit most travel bags. Purchasing a quantity of 8 bottles should be enough to transfer your favorite lotions and potions. When a product is filled in these bottles, it will last about two weeks when used wisely twice a day. Transferring products to smaller containers is a must!
Tip #3 – Travel Kit
I always have my travel bag prepared for a moment’s notice opportunity to travel. When I return from a trip, I refill the bottles, so I’m well prepared just to pack my clothing and go! It saves time, and also you’ll know you have everything you need for your next adventure.
REI carries various sizes in a travel bag that include a hanging hook so the bag may be displayed on the back of a door, towel wrack, or small counter spaces. Never place your supplies on bathroom floors. Floors can get wet and also well, the germs.
Tip #4 – My must-have products
- Viktoria DeAnn serums and Viktoria DeAnn Rejuvenator
- Viktoria DeAnne serums can be packed small.
- Viktoria DeAnn Lactic collagen serum by VDA adds a pump of moisture, and lactic is lightly exfoliating.
- Jan Marini Transformation cream moisturizer Victoria DeAnn eye serum
- It improves skin tone and helps with the dark circles that seem to be more prominent when we travel on where our skin takes a significant hit because of the air quality and dehydration. It will also help maintain the plump texture in areas that are often the first indication of travel weariness. We certainly never want to look like our passport photo.
- Jan Marini tinted SPF cream.
- It is non-chemical and gives full-spectrum protection as well as doubling as a light foundation without looking as though you’re wearing sunscreen or heavy makeup. I’m in love with Jan Marini bio glycolic cleanser with glycolic alpha-hydroxy.
- Osmosis Eye and Lip Illuminate gel, which can double as a semi-lip gloss.
In the dry Colorado climate, if I miss a day without my favorite moisturizer, I can see and feel the difference in my glow and the suppleness of my complexion within hours. My skin soaks up JM transformation cream and for deeper hydration.
It may sound like you’re packing a lot, but you’ll be happy you did when you look at your best whether you’re on a camping trip in the high country or high profiling at a chic café in Paris. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water when you’re traveling, especially by air.
If you want to look refreshed when you land, refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages as it is known to dehydrate your body, and the first place it will show is your complexion. If you maintain your skincare regime while traveling, you will sparkle on your adventure and when you return home with a face to match your rested and inspired spirit.
While planning another adventure of a lifetime, you will look great while exploring the wild unknown.