Benefits Of Skin Care Therapies
- Why should I see an esthetician?
- Techniques and products
- Visiting Skin Care with Dory
- What about home care?
- Your esthetician: Dory Johnson
Why should I see an esthetician?
Estheticians are state board licensed skin care professionals trained in technologies to support skin care that help clients balance oil and moisture content and achieve a healthy, youthful complexion. An esthetician has an understanding of various product lines and formulas that protect skin from environmental hazards and antiaging techniques. Their well trained and deep knowledge and procedural skills help refine fine lines, wrinkles, and help revive dull uneven skin tone and other skin conditions.
Skin care treatments are relaxing and rejuvenating. If smooth, healthy skin is your goal, visiting Skin Care with Dory will be beneficial for revitalizing your appearance and be a confidence booster. Dory Johnson is board licensed in Colorado and California
Techniques and products
Esthetics is the application of various treatments to the skin, to maintain its health and vitality. Techniques used by estheticians include facial steaming, wrapping, exfoliation, pore cleansing, extraction, and chemical peels. Creams, lotions, wraps, masks, and custom scrubs are used in most treatments. Advanced technologies proven to improve skin quality are often offered that accelerate a chosen service provided.
Common therapies and explanations
- Chemical peel: an exfoliation process that is effective in treating aging, sun damage, and acne, mild scarring, improving overall skin brightness and renovating uneven skin tone. Custom chemical peels penetrate the skin and heal skin at a deeper level targeting specific outcomes and exfoliate the skin encouraging cellular turnover. Light peels require no down time from work or normal activities. Moderate peels may require a day or two of down time, and deep peels can require a week or more to allow the skin to fully heal and rejuvenate. Special care instructions will be provided to ensure proper healing for treatment longevity. Estheticians who are not working in a medical setting perform light to moderate peels only. For your safety, deep peels are performed by a physician, or under a physician’s supervision.
- Enzyme peel: provides a lighter exfoliation than a chemical peel leaving skin smoother and radiant.
- Exfoliation:is a procedure that removes dead skin cells manually, including scrubbing, brushing, or use of tools such as microdermabrasion. Adding a chemical peel will cause dead skin cells to shed; an enzymatic product addition digests dead skin cells and offers more long lasting results. Scrubs, enzymes and microdermabrasion may be suggested.
- Extraction: is the process of deep cleansing the pores, either manually using gloved hands with cotton or tissue around the fingers, with gentle pressure to remove the impacted pore. For deeper issues, a metal extraction implement is used that is designed to clear blocked pores.
- Facial: a facial is a gentle procedure that is the most popular treatment performed by estheticians. It is an excellent way for your therapist to determine the status of your skin prior to suggesting future enhanced treatments to improve tonal quality. A facial may include makeup removal and skin cleansing, exfoliation by mechanical, enzymatic or chemical means, warm towels, extractions, facial massage, a treatment mask, serum/moisturizer and sunblock.Ask Dory Johnson about an appropriate treatment suitable for your own personal skin care needs.
- Microcurrent facial:excellent to lift skin sagging skin, increase collagen and elastin production and create a more youthful glow. Using your own electrical impulses, probes are gently moved over the face (or body)) to retrain facial muscles and revive the cells. Microcurrent is one of the best anti-aging on the market. Treatments. 8-15 Treatments suggested with monthly follow ups.
- Dermaplaning: using a special blade the esthetician gently removes superficial facial hair and peach fuzz from the face eliminating dead skin on the skin surface. The benefits reveal a softer skin, smoother and brighter complexion.
- Microneedling: using a fine needle pen, the face is treated to infuse serums to deeper layers of the skin. This collagen induction therapy process increases cellular turnover and revitalization. Effective for diminishing fine lines, wrinkles and scares and uneven skin tones. 3- 6 treatments suggested.
- LED light facial: Using four clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights, LED light facials boost collagen production by activating fibroblasts that can heal inflammation, speed wound and infection healing and treat existing acne. This process is considered a state-of-the-art process for anti-aging benefits.
- Pepti nano mask: intensely hydrates and helps transfer active peptide serums during a treatment to amplify results of a procedure. Increases skin moisture level by up to 72% and nourish the cells for a brighter complexion and plumper skin.
Visiting Dory Johnson at Skin Care with Dory in Boulder
It is advised to schedule a consultation appointment prior to your first treatment, particularly if you are new to esthetic treatments. You will complete an extensive intake form to address your objectives and long term goals and expectations. I offer initial facials to become familiarized with your skin so I may create an individualized treatment plan for you that includes a personal home care regime.
Home skin care?
To maintain continued visible improvements from your professional treatment is consistent, correct home care is essential and as in other wellness protocol, a daily self-care practice. I have been trained to select products that will most benefit your long-term skin goals. Like medical or dental care, following the right daily regimen at home is essential to get the most benefit out of your visits to a professional.
At Skin Care with Dory, I use and recommend Viktoria DeAnn pure Peptides and Jan Marini Skin Care lines to improve your skin and help you maintain your glow and vitality.
Your esthetician: Dory Johnson
Please contact me to discuss your skin care needs and objectives. Together, we will create a treatment plan for you to achieve your goals and measurably improved vibrancy to your appearance.
I am a professional member of Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP), and have met state’s licensing credentials in Colorado and California including core training requirements. I adhere to the ASCPs code of ethics which ensures you’ll be treated responsibly and with the utmost respect and care.